[Cjk] what's the meaning of Simplify(0, 2)?
hanyiny at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 04:48:53 CET 2007
hello, everyone, do you know the meaning of Simplify(0, 2) in Mr. Werner's
i dont understand, from the documents of fontforge, i got this information:
no arguments it does the obvious. If flags is -1 it does a
otherwise flags should be a bitwise or of
- 1 -- Slopes may change at the end points.
- 2 -- Points which are extremum may be removed
- 4 -- Corner points may be smoothed into curves
- 8 -- Smoothed points should be snapped to a horizontal or vertical
tangent if they are close
- 16 -- Remove bumps from lines
- 32 -- make lines which are close to horizontal/vertical be
- 64 -- merge lines which are nearly parallel into one
- 128 -- change which point is the start point if a contour's start
point is not an extremum
The error argument is the number of font units by which the modified path
is allowed to stray from the true path.
The tan_bounds argument specifies the tangent of the angle between the
curves at which smoothing will stop (argument is multiplied by .01 before
And bump_size gives the maximum distance a bump can move from the line and
still be smoothed out.
If a fifth argument is given then it will be treated as the denominator of
the error term (so users can express fraction pixel distances).
Generally it is a bad idea to merge a line segment with any other than a
colinear line segment. The longer the line segment, the more likely that
such a merge will produce unpleasing results. The sixth argument, if
present, specifies the maximum length for lines which may be merged
(anything longer will not be merged).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cjk